Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Resurrection of Sanity?

After months, no, years of blogging inactivity, I'm here to say that I think I'm going insane and need to have a life again. I tend to be a single minded person and immerse myself completely in one project at a time. Most recently, that project has been Triangle Cross Ranch. It's a wonderful place, and the people there are really special people. However, it's only taken me two full years to realize that I'm exhausted. I'm tired. I'm wrung out with giving 100% to the Ranch.

My first step towards restoring my sanity is this blog and recording my thoughts and activities for no one but myself, for the most part, so that I can look at them from the outside as time goes on. My second step is returning to my love of all things wooly and of making things from scratch with my animals' fiber. My third step is to shelter my private life from my Ranch life. More steps? Probably. I don't want to abandon my role at the Ranch, but staying on the track I'm on will ensure that eventually I'll burn out and leave just to keep my sanity intact.

Hmmmm...everyone grows up sometime. Better late than never, I say.

No comments: