Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Knit Along Progress


Here is the first cuff from one of our sock knitters. It's knitted by Kathleen of A Bag of Olives. You go girl! Chances are good that the yarn she's using is hand spun and completely her own, unlike mine, which was Paton's Wool. This qualifies this up and coming pair of socks for a "home spun hand knit" award when they're finished!!




Here is the latest in the ongoing cupcake projects. There was a girl's slumber party here this past weekend and these are Abby's offering for the refreshments. Aren't they adorable?

7 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yeay! Go me, go me, you got it, go me!

Funky-looking, but I think it'll look good when it's on my foot.

I'm putting this one on a string and starting the other one, just to avoid that "second sock syndrome" that I've been hearing so much about lately.

Kathleen said...

How did she do that? those little blankets are adorable! How do they taste?

marit said...

Aaawww- I'm catching up on blogreading due to some vacation...I've missed these socks- they look like real fun! Have to get back to the reading- I'll send you a photo if I get around to knit these.Hmmm, let's see if I have some suitable yarn...?
Cupcakes? The cutest I've seen! Clever girl!

Wooly Works said...

The sleepers are made of marshmallows and vanilla wafers. The blankets were supposed to be Starburst, warmed and rolled thin, but we used Fruit Roll ups instead. Some of the sleepers got a little Teddy Graham for a toy. So cute, and they tasted great. Too much marshmallow for my taste, but the rest was terrific.

Wooly Works said...

Marit, I'm glad you're back with us! I'm missed you! Hope your vacation was restful.

Kathleen said...

Second cuff finished and clock pattern started! And...camera batteries dead...again... :o(

Kathleen said...

I have my first heel turned and am going for the foot finally, after ripping and ripping...this is just string, right? I'm smarter than string. I AM smarter than string. I'm smarter than STRING.

Pictures tomorrow.