Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Faces of Friends

Every morning and evening, I'm greeted by the most beautiful and eager of faces. I have to say, I'm the highlight of their day. I bring the treats and provide most of the excitement that they experience in each 24 hour period. Their huge dark eyes fix on me while they wait, just out of reach, for their grain.

Alpacas are so stoic that you can't tell something is wrong until it's nearly too late, but just give them the hope of a treat or the promise of a good spraying down on their legs, and the poker faces disappear. They're all eagerness and self-forgetfulness when the good stuff comes out.

Baby face, you've got the cutest little baby face...






















Look Mommy! The alpaca is smiling!!


9 comments:

Kathleen said...

Rose's baby looks amazingly like her! And like her older sister, Roxy Rose, too!

Any more babies yet?

Wooly Works said...

Roxy's face is on our blog's banner. This one does look so much like Roxy it's uncanny. The next and final baby of the season is due at the end of the month when Ellie will her first.

Debra in France said...

Hi Wooly, your alpacas are SO gorgeous. I love their smiling faces. Isn't it wonderful having animals around the place. They all have such personalities. I love my geese following me around the garden as I work, and Misty the kittentrotting at my heels - I am in heaven.

Pondside said...

They are indeed smiling!
Those hairdos are gorgeous - how can you not grin when you see those lovely faces topped with the curly mops? There is a farm near us where there are alpacas and another with llamas - sometimes I'm tempted, but then remind myself that there is enough going on here for the time being. Later maybe............

Fennie said...

They are gorgeous aren't they? I don't pretend to know the difference between an alpaca and a llama but you put llamas into my head and I've ended up writing about them today. Thanks again for your lovely comment on my post.

Kathleen said...

Was just wondering if you got my e-mail about the person interestd in fleeces.

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Lovely post!

Isn't it nice to have so many faces that look so pleased to see you?

That little brown cria is so beautiful...

Debra in France said...

Hi Wooly, I hope that you and everyone at the Wooly ranch is ok. I have missed reading your posts, but love looking at your happy Alpacas.

I have started crocheting now, and have made my first bag - I am so thrilled. It is very basic, but it is teaching me some of the basics. :-) Debra x

Kathleen said...

Merry Christmas!